B2B Recycling Solutions
Columbus Micro offers secure and compliant recycling program that fits the needs of both Education and Corporate programs.
All electronic information and telecommunications devices are accepted, Contact Us for more information.
Columbus Micro Certifications & Compliances:
Columbus Micro prides itself on detail orientated recycling with an emphasis on data security. Columbus Micro complies with all the listed
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Ohio
- National Association for Information Destruction (NAID)
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- A+ BBB Rating
- Gramm- Leach-Bilely (GLBA) Act
- All industry practices related to Personal Consumer information(PCI), Personal Health Information (PHI), and other Personal Identifiable Information(PII) management practices as related to Industry Standards.
Since 1988, Columbus Micro has serviced the Midwest with customers such as:
- State of Ohio Department of Administrative Services
- Ohio Department of Public Safety
- Ohio Department of Health
- Battelle Memorial Institute
- The Ohio State University
- New Albany-Plain Local Schools
- Columbus City Public Schools
- Westerville City Schools
5 STEP RECYCLING PROGRAM
Certificate of Destruction
- Includes quantity, description, serial number, asset tag, comments and other important information of items collected
Release of Liability
- Releases all responsibilities unto Columbus Micro and ensures secure data destruction
Once the Release of Liability and Certificate of Destruction are filled out, the 5-step recycling process begins:
Step 1: Pickup and Transportation
Columbus Micro will pick up the material on location. If travel is required outside of Ohio, please call us in advance.
Step 2: Inventory Tracking
Record keeping is important to ensure both the customer and Columbus Micro have the correct electronic assets. This information will be used to provide correct credit for collected material. Credit is redeemable in cash or store credit.
Record keeping includes:
- Equipment type
- Asset Number
- Serial Number
Step 3: Dismantling/Component Recovery
Each unit will be carefully disassembled, and parts will be sorted based upon their recyclable properties and if they contain hazardous properties.
With full compliance from the EPA, clients have the option of receiving a full list for all materials passed through the recycling process.
Step 4: Data Destruction (optional)
We will erase the data from your drives using one of the methods below.
Method 1: Complying with the Department of Defense (DoD) standard of data wiping, Columbus Micro erases all data from the hard drive and restores the hard drive to default factory settings.
Method 2: Drilling holes in the hard drive platters in such a manner that prevents further access to the platters. The information on the hard drive is destroyed as the platters no longer are whole.
Method 3: Pulverizing the platters using an industrial sander. The hard drives are pulverized into small pieces.
Method 4: Chem-Erase uses acid to destroy the hard drive. The most secure and absolute sure method of destroying data. Hard drives are taken from a solid state to a liquid state and information is absolutely not able to be salvaged.
Data Destruction Fees
Method 1: Software Wipe $1.00
Method 2: Drilling $3.00
Method 3: Pulverizing $5.00
Method 4: Chem-Erase $10.00
***Chemical Erasure is the only method that absolutely destroys all possible traces of the data. In Drilling and Pulverizing, it is possible to glean small insights from the material waste, but with chemical erasure, it is surely impossible.
Step 5: Credit
The issue of Credit:
Columbus Micro has developed a set of benchmarks for determining whether or not selected items have value.
Please keep in mind not all items accepted will qualify for a credit however you will never pay us to have any items hauled away. A credit will depend on many factors of our benchmarks, for example, a working or non-working unit, the condition of each item, the age of the item, quantity, etc.